The 2022 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards shortlist
5 April 2022
The 2022 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards shortlist was announced today, and sees fifty-eight works of writing, spread across ten categories, vie for prize money worth $285,000:
- Christina Stead Prize for Fiction ($40,000)
- Douglas Stewart Prize for Nonfiction ($40,000)
- Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry ($30,000)
- Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children’s Literature ($30,000)
- Ethel Turner Prize for Young People’s Literature ($30,000)
- Multicultural NSW Award ($20,000)
- Indigenous Writers’ Prize, presented biennially ($30,000)
- UTS Glenda Adams Award for New Writing ($5,000)
- Nick Enright Prize for Playwriting ($30,000)
- Betty Roland Prize for Scriptwriting ($30,000)
The Shut Ins by Katherine Brabon, TAKE CARE by Eunice Andrada, Dropbear by Evelyn Araluen, Coming of Age in the War on Terror by Randa Abdel-Fattah, After Story by Larissa Behrendt, and Bila Yarrudhanggalangdhuray by Anita Heiss, are among contenders for the prizes.
Winners will be named on Monday 16 May 2022, being the commencement of the Sydney Writers’ Festival.