The Novel Prize for literary fiction 2022 shortlist
21 January 2023
UPDATE: the winners of the 2022 Novel Prize have been announced.
The Novel Prize is a biennial award for works of literary fiction, co-convened by three publishers, Giramondo, Fitzcarraldo Editions, and New Directions, based in Australia, Britain and Ireland, and America, respectively. Earlier this week, eight writers, some published, some not, were named on the shortlist for the 2022 prize:
- Anonymity is Life, Sola Saar
- Aurora Australis by Marie Doezema
- Forever Valley by Darcie Dennigan
- It Lasts Forever and Then It’s Over by Anne de Marcken
- Moon Over Bucharest by Valer Popa
- Palimpsest by Florina Enache
- Tell by Jonathan Buckley
- The Passenger Seat by Vijay Khurana
Some seven hundred entries were received this year’s award. Of the field, Florina Enache is the only Australian writer to make the cut. Australian author Jessica Au won the inaugural Novel Prize in 2020 for Cold Enough for Snow, which was published, as part of the award, in 2022. The 2022 winner will be announced next month, in February.