Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2023 shortlist announced
15 December 2022
The Signal Line by Brendan Colley, book cover.
What do I like best about literary awards? They send a whole heap of reading recommendations in my direction. Yesterday the shortlists for the 2023 Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards were announced, and as a fan of fiction I’m looking forward to adding some more novels to my to-be-read list. While nominations span seven categories, including poetry, young adult, Indigenous writing, and drama, I’ve listed the shortlisted titles in the fiction category:
- Cold Enough for Snow, by Jessica Au
- The Signal Line, by Brendan Colley
- This Devastating Fever, by Sophie Cunningham
- An Exciting and Vivid Inner Life, by Paul Dalla Rosa
- Salonika Burning, by Gail Jones
- The Lovers, by Yumna Kassab
The winners in each category will be named on Thursday 2 February 2023.