Small independent publishers dominate Miles Franklin longlist
31 May 2022
Six of the titles named on the 2022 Miles Franklin Literary Award longlist were published by members of the Small Press Network, a Melbourne based organisation representing more than two hundred and fifty small and independent publishers across Australia, and include one self-published title.
- One Hundred Days, by Alice Pung, published by Black Inc
- After Story, by Larissa Behrendt, published by University of Queensland Press
- Grimmish, by Michael Winkler is self-published
- Bodies of Light, by Jennifer Down, published by Text Publishing
- The Magpie Wing, by Max Easton, published by Giramondo publishing
In much the same way small businesses are a vital component of the Australian economy, so too are small and independent publishers to Australian literature.